The heavy metal detox smoothie is very delicious. It is designed so perfectly that the five main ingredients work together in perfect synergy to remove the various heavy metals such as mercury, lead, aluminum, nickel, copper and cadmium that have accumulated deep in the tissues. Toxic heavy metals are found almost everywhere around us, including on things used daily such as aluminum cans, silver paper, batteries, metal kitchen utensils, old paint, but also the food we eat. For example, common sources of heavy metals are pesticides and herbicides, which are difficult to completely avoid even with a strict organic food diet. As a result, we carry in our bodies a big amount of heavy metals that have been with us for most of our lives, buried deep in our tissues. Our liver usually already contains heavy metals even before we are born. The biggest threat to us is the old heavy metals that have been circulating in our system for a long time. Over a long period of time, heavy metals can begin to oxidize, damaging the surrounding tissues and thus contributing to inflammation in the body. Heavy metals literally poison our bodies and can damage virtually all of our tissues and organs: the brain, liver, digestive system and nervous system. Toxic heavy metals put enormous pressure on our immune systems, which makes us vulnerable to all kinds of diseases.
Heavy metals also feed on certain types of bacteria such as Streptococcus A and B, E. Coli, C. Difficile, H. Pylori, and yeast cells. This can lead to a number of different bacterial overgrowths in our digestive system, ending in what doctors call SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). SIBO is characterized by flatulence, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation (or both), and can lead to nutrient deficiencies in our bodies and being underweight. In addition, viruses like Epstein-Barr or shingles feeding on heavy metals can lead to symptoms such as tingling, numbness, fatigue, anxiety, palpitations, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, eczema, redness and psoriasis, as well as neck pain, knee pain, sore feet, pain in the back of the head, and a number of other pains that are often thought to be caused by other factors.
Since it is virtually impossible to avoid all of these heavy metals in our modern society, it is vital that we work to get them out of our bodies before they can harm our health. Fortunately, they are relatively easy to remove from the body when we eat right. By consuming the following foods carefully on a daily basis, we can do a great service to our bodies.
SPIRULINA- This edible blue-green seaweed pulls heavy metals out of your brain. It also absorbs heavy metals from the central nervous system and the liver, which are pulled out by the barley grass juice powder. Take 2 teaspoons mixed with water, coconut water, juice or heavy metal smoothie.
BARLEY GRASS JUICE POWDER prepares heavy metals so that they can be easily removed from the body by Spirulina. This nutrient-rich powder can extract heavy metals from the spleen, gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, thyroid gland and reproductive system. Drink 1-2 teaspoons mixed with water, coconut water or juice or make yourself a heavy metal detox smoothie.
CILANTRO goes deep into hard-to-reach places, expelling old heavy metals (great for hereditary mercury!). Take a cup with a smoothie or add to a salad or guacamole.
BLUEBERRIES pull heavy metals out of the brain tissue, treating and restoring the gaps created by the removal of oxidized heavy metals. It is very important to use wild blueberries, because they contain special phytonutrients that have a special detoxifying effect. Powerful antioxidants in wild blueberries help reverse any possible damage caused by the removal of oxidized heavy metals. This is especially important for brain tissue since blueberries are the most powerful food for stopping dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Eat at least one cup a day. You can also use wild blueberry powder if you do not have access to freeze-dried blueberry powder, fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries. Remember that although cultivated blueberries are rich in nutrients, they do not have the same ability to deal with heavy metals.
DULSE This Atlantic seaweed binds mercury, lead, aluminum, copper, cadmium and nickel. Dulse is the only seaweed able to transport mercury out of the body all on its own. It can enter the deep hidden parts of your digestive system and stomach and bring out mercury. Dulse binds it to himself and does not let go before leaving the body. Eat at least two tablespoons of Dulse flakes a day.
If you are worried that the seaweed from the ocean may contain mercury, know that it will never release mercury to your body. Dulse traps mercury and even gathers other heavy metals as it passes through your body. Dulse is a critical member of this “society” because it is able to bind the last heavy metals in the end of the digestive system (the colon) and safely transport them all out of your body.
Heavy metal detox smoothie
(1 cup = 240ml)
2 cups blueberries or
2-3 tsp Blueberry powder (Buy here)
1 cup cilantro
1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp Barley Grass Juice Powder
1 tsp spirulina powder
1 small handful of Atlantic Dulse seaweed
Put all the ingredients in the blender, blend on high speed until well mixed. If you want a more liquid smoothie, add up to one glass of water.
Q & A:
1). At what time is the heavy metal smoothie drinking most effective?
– It is good all day, but if possible, prefer an earlier time of day. Many drink it, for example, for breakfast.
2). What if I don’t have bananas?
– You can use mangoes or papayas.
3). Does it also work with cultivated blueberries?
– Cultivated blueberries cannot remove heavy metals as wild blueberries can. Wild blueberries are the best superfood on the planet because they have learned to adapt through thousands of years, through droughts, fires and frost. If you, for example, stopped watering cultivated blueberries, they would soon die.
This strength, endurance and adaptability of wild blueberries sets them apart from all the other berries.
4). Can dried wild blueberries remove heavy metals from the body?
– They may have some effect, but for heavy metal detox smoothies, it is better to use high-quality preservative-free freeze-dried wild blueberry powder, frozen or, preferably, fresh blueberries.
5). Is it safe to drink during pregnancy?
– Yes, it’s safe.
6). Can I use cilantro essential oil instead of fresh coriander?
– No, it is important that the cilantro is fresh.
7). Is any barley powder suitable?
Barley grass juice powder is different from barley powder. There are nutrients in concentrated form which are the easiest for your body to digest, assimilate and use to get nutrients. In addition, the quality of the food supplement matters as well. Not every powder has the same efficiency. On this website you will find only good quality products.
8). Is it safe to drink it while breastfeeding?
– Yes, it is definitely safe for you and your child.
9). Is the smoothie recipe here for 1 or 2 portions?
– It’s for 1.
10). Is this smoothie safe and suitable for children?
– Yes, it is safe and healthy for children. You can change the quantities for the children as you wish.
11). What does a small handful of dulse flakes mean?
– It means 2 tablespoons.
12). How often should I drink a heavy metal detox smoothie?
– For the best results, at least once a day.
13). Is it okay to replace orange juice with coconut water?
– Yes, high quality coconut water is a good substitute. You can also use fresh apple juice.
14). Does the orange juice have to be fresh or can you also use the store’s orange juice?
– It’s better to use fresh-squeezed orange juice.
15). What if one of the main ingredients (spirulina, barley grass juice powder, cilantro, wild blueberries, dulse) is not currently available to me?
– It would be best to use all 5 ingredients, but even 3 or 4 main ingredients will still give results.
16). Where to find wild blueberries?
– In Estonia, they are widely available in freezer counters. Freeze-dried blackberry powder or wild blueberry powder can also be used.
17). Can I drink it if I am diabetic?
– Yes. Contrary to the popular belief, fruit does not actually cause diabetes. It is actually a fat that blocks sugars from entering cells and it causes insulin resistance. Our bodies need healthy carbohydrates to function. Sugar and unhealthy carbohydrates from foods like cakes, cookies, candy are really bad for us and it is wiser to avoid them. But fresh fruit, sweet potatoes and potatoes give us the critical carbohydrates we need.
18). I don’t like the taste of cilantro. What to do?
– You can try making a smoothie with a small amount of cilantro at the beginning. The taste of the fruit overshadows much of the taste of cilantro. If it’s still too much and you can taste the cilantro and not like it, add only a tiny stalk of cilantro to begin with and increase the amount over time. The reason why the taste of cilantro is very repulsive to some people is that there is more oxidation of heavy metals in his/her system. This does not necessarily mean that he/she has more heavy metals in his body than others. It simply means that the heavy metals (usually a combination of aluminum, nickel or copper) in its body corrode very quickly.
Corrosion means that the flow of oxidized heavy metals reaches the human lymphatic system and saliva. As soon as the coriander reaches the mouth, the phytochemicals in it begin to absorb this flow of heavy metals – if there is a lot of mud in the saliva, eating coriander can cause a very unpleasant sensation.
In other words: If someone doesn’t like the taste of coriander, chances are they really need it.
19). Can I drink a heavy metal detox smoothie if I have mercury fillings in my teeth?
– Yes, you can. First, even if it pulled the mercury out of the seals, there would be no problem, as cilantro and the other four ingredients would take it out of the body safely. But in reality, your saliva prevents cilantro phytochemicals from binding to dental mercury. Saliva inactivates these cilantro’s ingredients until they reach the stomach, where they are reactivated. This smoothie is actually very useful for anyone with mercury fillings.
The summary is based on information from a blog post by Anthony William, the author of Medical Media Books.
Note: The information on this page is for self-education only and is not a substitute for seeking medical advice.