1. High nutritional value
Contains plenty of vitamin C, B9, B1, B2, and also manganese, copper, and magnesium. The vitamins and minerals in the mangosteen fruit are important for maintaining many bodily functions, including muscle contraction, wound healing, immunity, and nerve signaling.
2. Rich in powerful antioxidants
Mangosteen contains a number of antioxidant nutrients, such as vitamin C and folate. In addition, it provides xanthones, a unique type of plant compound known to have strong antioxidant properties.
3. Anti-inflammatory properties
Xanthones in mangosteen play a role in reducing inflammation. This fruit is also high in fiber, which offers various benefits. For example, some studies show that a high-fiber diet can help reduce your body’s inflammatory response.
4. Anti-cancer effect
Mangosteen herbal compounds have anti-inflammatory effects that may help inhibit the development and spread of cancer cells.
5. Helps to lose weight
6. Supports blood sugar control
7. Promotes a healthy immune system
8. Helps maintain healthy skin
9. Mangosteen also has a positive effect on your heart, brain, and digestive system.